At a Glance
Kingswood Oxford is a coeducational, independent day school for strong and motivated students in grades 6-12. Located in West Hartford, CT -- one of Kiplinger's Ten Best Cities in 2010 -- and accredited by the New England Association of Schools & Colleges, KO values academic and co-curricular excellence, ethical citizenry, and meaningful relationships with our students and their families. Small classes are taught by exceptional teachers who encourage students to engage both widely and deeply in the liberal arts and sciences. Our graduates are well rounded and prepared remarkably well for the challenges of highly selective colleges and equipped for success in an increasingly complex and interconnected world.
- Enrollment: 500 students; 50% male, 50% female, from 56 towns in CT and Western MA
- Middle School enrollment 153 students; Upper School 347 students
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 7-to-1
- Advisee group size: 7-9
- Teaching faculty: 75; 60% have 10+ years teaching experience at KO
- Academic calendar: Two semesters
- Courses offered: More than 170
- Advanced Placement: 16 courses leading to exams in 17 areas
- Tuition: For 2013-14, the tuition is $33,800 for the Middle School and $34,500 for the Upper School. Both divisions also have a $500 Activity Fee; books cost an estimated $400-$800.
- Tuition assistance: 48% of students receive tuition assistance in 2012-13, in the form of merit scholarships or need-based financial aid; awards ranged from $1,500-$30,000, with an average award of $18,344.
- Students of color: 22%
- Athletics: 26 sports; 26 varsity teams; 62 teams covering four levels
- Five-Year Strategic Plan
Kingswood Oxford School admits students of any race, color, religion, sex, or national and ethnic origin.